Last modified: October 1, 2019
Jovie, LLC (“Jovie”, “we”, or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website at shopjovie.com (the “Site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy; and/or
- It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Jovie or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including, but not limited to, through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Site
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Site or on or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as credit card information, name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, birth date, age, gender or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your local time zone, session or user tracking IDs, and [SPECIFY ANY OTHER TYPES OF INFORMATION]; Any other specifics? How do we find out exactly what we track?
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details; and/or
- details of transactions you carry out through our Site.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies. How do we know?
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing conducting a transaction through our Site.
- Your search queries on the Site.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, referring sites and/or search engines and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, device type, device details (e.g., screen size), operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). If you would like to learn more about this practice or find out how you can opt out from allowing these companies to gather this information or use it to display targeted ads, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) website at http://optout.networkadvertising.org.
The information we collect may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include, but are not limited to:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Jovie, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics such as recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To provide product and/or service fulfillment, such as creating user accounts, and managing payments
- To perform internal operations, such as tracking and improving the effectiveness of our website, mobile experience, and marketing efforts;
- To personalize user experiences, such as remembering your settings and preferences;
- To provide technical support;
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To facilitate fraud prevention;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- In any other way we may describe at the time that you provide the information; and/or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send us an email to opt-out. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Jovie, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Jovie, LLC about our Site users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us at the time you provide the information;
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Jovie, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website.
- Promotional Offers from Jovie. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Jovie to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative on their website.
- Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION CONFIRM!
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
325 N Larchmont Blvd. No 370
Los Angeles, CA 90004